Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Jewelry Line: Ocean Inspirations

I wanted to introduce my new jewelry line called Ocean Inspirations!  As you can tell by its name it's jewelry that  is beach and sea inspired using genuine sea shells, freshwater pearls, frosted glass, heishi, mother of pearl, and other natural materials!  With people headed off to tropical escapes and with spring and summer coming up, this is a good time to launch my new line!  My line will include necklaces, bracelets, earrings and also anklets too!  This summer I plan on making some special trips to Lake Superior to hunt for sea glass pieces along the beach to incorporate into my jewelry!  I wish I'd of thought of that when my husband and I spent our third anniversary in Copper Harbor but I hadn't started my business yet!  Next time :)

This first piece is Ocean Treasures, a romantic shell necklace in smooth champagne and bronze colors featuring a genuine Dripa shell slice!  Many beautiful handmade charms make up this unique pendant including a genuine freshwater pearl, a smoky topaz faceted Czech glass bead, a natural wooden bead and some dainty lengths of copper chain adorn the shell slice. The 18" bronze plated chain is also adorned with several hand made links: a genuine mother of pearl nugget, ornate bronze metal beads, a natural wooden bead, and two gorgeous faced Czech glass beads in champagne and smoky topaz.


The next item is the matching Ocean Treasures Anklet.  Like the necklace, this bronze plated anklet also features a genuine Dripa shell slice among several other handmade charms!  I created this to be adjustable from 9"-10" which comfortably fits most small to medium sized ankles.  Each of the charms are made from natural materials and include: Dripa shell slice, wooden beads, shell heishi, mother of pearl chips, a bronze metal bead on the end, and some glass seed beads too.  This would look wonderful with a pretty sundress or even some casual capris or shorts!  Perfect to bring along for that tropical getaway you've been looking forward to all winter!

The third item in this line are my Sea Breeze Earrings.  I made these pretty treasures with genuine shell chips and some gorgeous capri blue frosted glass beads that resemble ocean tumbled sea glass!  I hand wired the shells so they hang nicely and attached them to handmade links with the frosted glass beads on bronze plated earring wires.  I used matching blue seed beads with a glint of Aurora Borealis finish for an added touch.  The bright capri blue and crisp white go together so perfect!  What a great way to bring the beach to you!


Lastly, I created a new charm bracelet called Swirls and Green (I've been rather busy!) featuring my very own hand forged copper wire charms in adorable swirly shapes!  I used Czech glass and lampwork beads of all shapes in beautiful crisp spring green colors!  There are seven handmade copper charms and 26 beaded charms, which I also made, in various shapes including hearts, leaves, rounds, disks, bicones and more!  Several of the beaded charms are adorned with beautiful bronze and copper plated bead caps  and to tie it all together, it closes with a wonderfully detailed copper toggle clasp with swirled heart designs.

I have more designs coming and also more artwork!  Keep an eye out!  To see these new creations, stop on over to my Etsy Store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!