Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gemstone Tree of Life-Redisgned

Amazonite
Hematite
I adore the classic Tree of Life image and I love to incorporate nature in my work so it only makes sense that I would want to create my own version, in copper of course!  I had a Tree of Life in my shop before but I felt it was clunky and took too much time to complete, despite the fact that it seemed to go over well at jewelry parties and shows anyway.  Being a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my work, I decided to put it on ice for a bit and redesign it into a simpler form.

After monkeying around with some wire I came up with a frame and design I liked!  I could complete it in half the time (and save my wrist some tedious twisting), make the trees fuller, give it more dimension, and make it much smaller than previously!  Since it doesn't take so much time for me to complete it I can even offer it at a lower price even with the extra gemstones and copper chain upgrade!

Amazonite, Amethyst, Rose Quartz
Peridot, Hematite
Trees symbolize so many wonderful things besides simply being picturesque.  They can symbolize wisdom, strength, life, and family among many other things.  This pendant would make a wonderful gift for that special someone in your life or as a beautiful gift for yourself!  I offer several different genuine gemstones and also have several different pendants already created and ready to ship!

These necklaces can be found in my Etsy store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!